mastering by trutone
takes your project to the next level!
Routine mastering procedures performed at Trutone Mastering Labs include:
- Optimize average and peak volume levels from track to track
- Create balance and uniformity from cut to cut
- Determine and select appropriate processor best suited for material submitted
- Compression, peak limit, EQ of each track, as necessary
- Adjust or unify spacing between tracks
- Edit minor noise/clicks between tracks
- Fade start and end of each track, as necessary
- Apply noise reduction to eliminate hiss or hum, as necessary
- Arrange tracks in final sequence
- Insert per track PQ codes (track IDs) required for replication
- Add IRSC codes and or CD Text, as necessary
- Transfer mastered audio to final PMCD or DDP for replication, duplication, vinyl transfer
or digital distribution
With the decrease in production budgets and the increase in home studios, professional mastering has become an absolute, crucial necessity and not a luxury relegated to major labels with hefty post production budgets.
Sonic comparisons of mastered tracks to unmastered tracks are alarming and it is no wonder that discreet producers insist on professional mastering of both albums and demos to afford their project a competitive edge.
The popular notion, that mastering is primarily about optimizing levels, has unfortunately drawn many amateurs into the mastering arena. The outcome? Over compressed, over processed tracks with borderline distortion.
Successful mastering is a complex process that requires extensive experience, creativity, keen/intuitive listening skills and technical expertise in the utilization of sophisticated, high-end analog and digital mastering processors commonly found only in a dedicated, world class mastering lab. With professional mastering by Trutone Mastering Labs, you are assured your expectations/parameters are not only met but exceeded!
Carl brings a fresh, unbiased perspective to his client’s music. His intuitive listening skills allow him to professionally assess and fine tune every project.
Carl Rowatti has been mastering and cutting hit records of all genres for major and independent labels, producers, DJs and artists for 4 decades. With the skillful use of his vintage analog gear and state of the art digital processors, he maximizes volume without perceivable loss of dynamics, creates balance and continuity from cut to cut and performs critical EQ adjustments that add presence, depth and clarity. The result… a commercial sounding release ready for replication, radio play, on-line distribution or club promotion.